Here is my first recipe for you all! Last night, I made dinner for my dad and I and this is what I created. It is a pan-seared seasoned chicken on top of a pile of white rice that was mixed with seared zucchini, squash and green onions. Then, I put a dollop of my parsley lime sauce and a fresh piece of parsley for color. Also, almost all the herbs and the vegetables used, were pulled straight from our garden!
Here is the Recipe:
For the Chicken…
2 pieces of Chicken (I used the 1/4 pieces with the leg and thigh attached)
Thyme (I used it out of a jar)
Salt and Pepper
Oil and Butter (for frying)
For the Rice…
1 cup White Rice
About 3 Green Onions
Salt and Pepper
For the Sauce:
About 1/4 cup Mayo
about a handful of chopped Parsley
1. Start by taking your chicken and on one side cover it with a thick layer of salt and pepper. Flip the chicken over and cover it with the thyme.
2. Heat up a pan on about medium heat. Fill with Butter and oil for frying purposes.
3. Put the chicken in, and also preheat the oven to about 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Start your rice, for the portion I was making I used one cup of rice and 1 3/4 cups water in tall saucepan.
5. Bring that to a bowl, add a little butter, stir, and then cover the pan.
6. In a separate saucepan, you put butter and let that heat up.
7. Next, you want to add the chopped green onion and let that cook a little.
8. Add in the sliced Zucchini and Squash.
9. At this point, you most likely want to flip your chicken, I used tongs for this. You want both sides to be nice and crispy.
10. When the rice is done, you will fluff the rice and add the zucchini and squash mixture. Stir that up and add salt and pepper to taste.
11.When both sides are done, pop the covered pan into the pre-heated oven to finish the cooking.
12. While that is in the oven, I would work on the sauce.
13. In a small bowl, mix the mayo and lime juice together. Once it is fully mixed in, fold in the parsley until it is fully incorporated.
14. When the chicken is done (propably around 10,15 minutes), you can plate the dish!
Overall, my dad and I really enjoyed this dish. Also, if you want to add a little spice, I would suggest adding some original Siracha. I hope you all enjoy this dish!